Sunday, April 26, 2015

Notan

First Draft 

Final Draft

Notan

This project was probably the mot challenging for me to complete. I had a really hard time coming up with what to draw and how I wanted my final project to look.
I traced out some patterns and started cutting. Cutting the objects out was extremely difficult. I had to be careful not to cut sloppily so the curves were very complicated.
The second time around I borrowed an X-Acto knife and it was wonderful! Especially for the small circles, I so foolishly put into my design.
Because I used repeating patterns, it was difficult to remember where all the pieces went. On my final project I ended up labeling each piece on the back (top right, bottom left, etc.). Labeling definitely helped me and I would suggest having students do the same when teaching this lesson.
I was pleased with my final product but I definitely think I could have done better.


No comments:

Post a Comment