Monday, April 20, 2015

Mandala

First Draft 


Final Piece

Mandala
I started off with some really basic research on mandalas; what really stuck with me was how a mandala was a representation of yourself. I took that and just went with it. I should have done more research because Mandalas are supposed to be symmetrical, my first draft clearly was not. 
For my Mandala I used:
Oil Pastels
Watercolors
Sharpies

While creating my Mandala I wanted to incorporate some things that are really important to me:
The middle part of my mandala represents my family
The ruler around the edge is measuring my education
The pencils represent my dream of teaching
I chose to use plain colors outside my mandala to show the unknown in my future
Arrows are a sign of hope for me so they show my hope in the unknown future

I started out with some small drafts but along the way I discovered somethings worked better than others and I definitely had to make some changes.
My Mandala turned out a lot better than I was expecting, I love it!
It represents my past, present and future so it means a lot to me.
I consider myself a bright happy person so if I were to do anything differently I would add more colors!

Mandalas are definitely something I want to do when I start teaching!
They are a great way for students to express themselves and experiment with a variety of art mediums and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment