Monday, April 20, 2015

Foil Square


First Draft

Final Draft

Foil Square
I was pleased with my final foil square but it was so frustrating to create.
At first I tried to use Elmer's glue to create the outline of my flower but, it took a while to dry so all of the glue ran together into one giant messy blob. I switched to hot glue which worked wonderfully.
The biggest struggle for me was placing the tinfoil over the different textures, it kept ripping. I finally realized if i started in the corner with the most texture, I could gently push the tinfoil into the grooves with a Q-tip.
For my different textures I used:
Hot Glue and Rice
For the contrast I used:
Black Sharpie and Black Shoe Polish
If I were to do this assignment with younger grades I would have them carving into the tinfoil rather than placing the tinfoil over the textures. I wouldn't have them place the tinfoil over the textures because, they would get really upset if their tinfoil ripped. I would fear lots of tears. 


No comments:

Post a Comment